Monday, June 16, 2008

Missing Stevie

I cried watching this clip. Not simply because hearing Stevie sing does that to me but because I planned to go to this party all week but kept on coming up with excuses for why I shouldn't go. "Oh, I can go next year." "I went to his concert at Madison Square Garden already this year, I don't deserve to go to the party too (little did I know, $20 would have been a small price to pay for an impromptu Stevie performance and a party with so much beautiful people and energy in abundance).

I'm so tired of wanting to live my life and holding myself back. I am no longer going to not go out and do things because I'm broke, tired, depressed etc. I should have gone to this party and though I'm not going to spend the rest of my day crying about it, I'm determined not to let it happen again. Life is so precious. We can never know how much time we have left. If I want to go to a party held in honor of my favorite living artist (to which I've gone before and had an amazing time) then I'm going to go. God help me. I'm going to live my life. In the meantime, please enjoy the sheer Godliness of this man's aura.

1 comment: