Thursday, December 30, 2010

Slow-driving Prius

On my drive home tonight I wondered aloud if the day will ever come when I have the pleasure of being on the road with a Toyota Prius that is not moving at least 15mph below the speed limit.  I mean, I usually enjoy being right quite a bit but the accuracy of my slow-driving Prius theory is beginning to startle me.  I have NEVER been on the road with a Prius driver who kept pace.  Oddly enough, the only time I have witnessed a fast-moving Prius was when I was in it.  No, I wasn't the one driving (although that would have made a lot of sense).  A friend of a friend took me on a roller-coaster ride in her Prius in LA this summer.  I was in fear of my life a  few times but it was exciting.  She's the only person I've ever seen driving a Prius like a real-life car and not a pretend one.

That's all I'm gonna say tonight.  So much is going on that I can't even discuss things of importance with any coherence right now so I'm doing you a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment