Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let's get this blog poppin'!

I have been trying to faithfully commit myself to making this a real blog for a couple of years now.  And by "real blog" I mean one that i update more frequently than twice a year.  Seriously.  One wouldn't think it would be so hard for someone who has as much to say as I do but, alas, I've got demons.

Anyhoo, I have been slowly getting into blogging more regularly but didn't want to "promote" my blog in any way until I felt secure that people would have something to read when they actually got here.  I guess the pressure of actually having readers has been too much for me these past two years, ha ha!  Even still, there were some great people who were following the blog in the beginning but I failed you all by being a punk-ass and not updating much.  I would really appreciate it if you lovely people (you know who you are) would come back and make this a little community.  Either way, I am now moving to a place where I feel comfortable challenging myself to actually do this and I would love your support!

Oh, what's that you ask? How can you support me?  I'm glad you asked! 

Here are some ways, with bullet-points for emphasis:
  • Follow me, now! (in a deep dancehall reggae voice) 
Yeah, it's normally not cool to say you're following someone.  I know that's the twitter lingo but, to be completely honest, I still don't quite know how to use twitter and the idea of asking people to follow me seems odd.  Either way, this blog right here, it's worth following. And I know you don't just follow anyone or anything but if you deem me worthy of cyber-stalking just click the "follow" button on the upper right portion of the page and you are now officially a part of the Black Girls community.  Of course, you know that being black and/or a girl is not a prerequisite for membership.
  • When you read a post, please leave a comment.   
I love feedback.  I need feedback.  Even if you don't have feedback or your feedback is not constructive (ahem, Anony-mouse), leave a comment so I know that you're reading.  If something I said pissed you off or you think my posts are too damn wordy (I know, right?!), leave me a comment about it.  It doesn't take long and really helps create a dialogue.  Plus, it gives me a sense of how my "audience" is feeling.  
  • If you like a post, share it with your friends
Under each post, there are a bunch of buttons that allow you to quickly share with others.  Please feel free to click on one or all of them(!) and add a little witty commentary of your own before you pass it on.  Of course, if you finish reading a post wishing you could get back the minutes of your life that you just spent doing so, please do not share.  In that case, please click the corresponding "reaction" button (also at the bottom of each post) to anonymously let me know how you feel.  Or you could post it on your facebook wall with a comment like, "Look at this wack-ass blogpost!  I would sooner jook out both my eyeballs than read it again!"  Actually, that would probably attract more readers.  That works for me too.  My feelings won't get hurt, I promise.

OK.  That's it for now.  Any more "support" and I'm going to have to start paying y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment